A delicious and healthy meal for the entire family – especially when the temperatures drop here on the First Coast.
- 20 oz 93% lean ground turkey
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 oz can Rotel mild tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown turkey over medium-high heat, breaking it up as it cooks into smaller pieces and season with salt and cumin.
- When meat is browned and cooked through add onion and garlic; cook 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the can of Rotel tomatoes, sweet potato, tomato sauce, water, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until potatoes are soft and cooked through, about 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/4 cup more water if needed. Remove bay leaf and serve.