A salmon recipe that has nothing to do with a wood-plank or grilling – wahoo!!!!
- 4 x 125 g salmon filets, skin on, from sustainable sources
- 2-3 teaspoons five-spice powder
- olive oil
- ½ a bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
- 150 g plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 2 shallots
- 1 fresh red chili
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 4 corn or flour tortillas
- Rub the salmon flesh (but not the skin) with the five-spice, a drizzle of oil and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and place the salmon skin-side down in the pan and cook for 8 to 9 minutes or until nearly cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Flip them over, immediately remove from the heat and allow to finish cooking through in the residual heat.
- Save a few coriander sprigs to one side, then pick and finely chop the remaining coriander and the mint leaves. Combine the yogurt, and season to taste.
- Using a speed-peeler, peel the cucumber into ribbons and place in a bowl. Peel and finely slice the shallots and chili, then add to the bowl. Sprinkle the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt, and mix with your hands to combine the flavors.
- Place a tortilla on each plate and flake over the salmon fillets, including any crispy skin. Add a dollop of the herby yogurt, the minty cucumber (squeezing out any liquid) and pick over the reserved coriander leaves. Roll up and enjoy.
source: Jamie Oliver